Please attend the BBA’s Trust & Estate’s Section’s first CLE program of the year on Thursday, November 9, from 3-5 PM.
We are thrilled to be hosting an expert panel consisting of Jennifer A. Maggiacomo (Norfolk Probate and Family Court), Evelyn Patsos (Probate and Family Court Administrative Office), and Elizabeth J. Young (Westcor Land Title Company), who will discuss issues that arise when an Estate owns real estate, how to navigate the Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code, and practice pointers to avoid title problems down the road. The program will include:
– How to clear title if the real estate passes to family (and is not sold right away, but may be sold at some point in the future);
– What to do if real estate is being sold from the probate estate;
– When a license to sell is required and/or desirable;
– When and how to use deeds of distribution; and
– How to convey clear title when the will devises real estate to a trust.
To sign up and for more detail, please go to the BBA’s website: https://www.bostonbar.org/membership/events/event-details?ID=25688