In the latest decision on irrevocable trusts, Heyn v. Medicaid, the Appeals Court concludes that MassHealth erred in determining that property in an irrevocable trust was a “countable” asset and overturned the lower court’s decision affirming MassHealth’s holding. To learn more about this case and its implications for irrevocable trusts and Medicaid planning, click HERE.
Subscribe to the Trusts and Estates Blog
- The Philanthropic Enterprise Act of 2017 (a/k/a “Newman’s Own Exception”)
- Donor-Advised Funds: IRS Proposes Rule Changes Through IRS Notice 2017-73
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Case Summary: Ajemian v. Yahoo!, Inc.
- TIGTA Report Recommends Improvements for Estate and Gift Tax Return Examination Process