In the latest decision on irrevocable trusts, Heyn v. Medicaid, the Appeals Court concludes that MassHealth erred in determining that property in an irrevocable trust was a “countable” asset and overturned the lower court’s decision affirming MassHealth’s holding. To learn more about this case and its implications for irrevocable trusts and Medicaid planning, click HERE.
Subscribe to the Trusts and Estates Blog
- U.S. Supreme Court Grants Petition for Writ of Certiorari in Trust-Level State Income Tax Case
- February 26, 2019 Lunch re: Pro Bono Opportunities with Veterans Legal Services
- 83 Fed. Reg. 59343 – IRS Releases Proposed “Anti-Clawback” Regulations
- PLR 201825003 – IRS Determines Conditional Transfer of a Remainder Interest a Completed Gift
- Coming in as a Successor Trustee – Releases and Best Practices