In the latest decision on irrevocable trusts, Heyn v. Medicaid, the Appeals Court concludes that MassHealth erred in determining that property in an irrevocable trust was a “countable” asset and overturned the lower court’s decision affirming MassHealth’s holding. To learn more about this case and its implications for irrevocable trusts and Medicaid planning, click HERE.
Subscribe to the Trusts and Estates Blog
- TIGTA Report Recommends Improvements for Estate and Gift Tax Return Examination Process
- CLE Program – You Can’t Take It With You: Issues With Real Estate In A Probate Estate
- Republican House Tax Bill
- Practice Fundamentals Series – Estate, Gift and GST Tax Basics for the New Estate Planner
- BBA Event Recap: How Parents Can Divorce-Proof Their Children’s Inheritance