In the latest decision on irrevocable trusts, Heyn v. Medicaid, the Appeals Court concludes that MassHealth erred in determining that property in an irrevocable trust was a “countable” asset and overturned the lower court’s decision affirming MassHealth’s holding. To learn more about this case and its implications for irrevocable trusts and Medicaid planning, click HERE.
Subscribe to the Trusts and Estates Blog
- Practice Fundamentals Series – Nonprobate Transfers: Joint Property, Retirement Planning, Life Insurance, Beneficiary Designation Forms, etc.
- BBA Event Recap: Charitable Giving Basics for Estate Planners
- Ferri v. Powell-Ferri: MA Supreme Judicial Court Decision Regarding Trust Decanting
- Consolidated Matters: Hanna v. Williams, et. al. & Berkowtiz, et. al. v. Williams, et. al.
- BBA Event Recap: Lifetime Planning on Death’s Door