In a poorly-reasoned and somewhat murky decision, a Superior Court judge in Daley v. Sudders (Civil Action No. 15–CV–0188–D.Dec. 24, 2015) extends the Doherty decision to reject the MassHealth application of a man who, with his wife, placed his Worcester condominium into an irrevocable trust for long-term care planning purposes. To learn more about this case and its implications for life estate trusts, click HERE.
Subscribe to the Trusts and Estates Blog
- Massachusetts Guidance Regarding Opportunity Zone Investments
- U.S. Supreme Court Decides Kaestner Case in Favor of Taxpayer in Narrow Holding
- U.S. Supreme Court Grants Petition for Writ of Certiorari in Trust-Level State Income Tax Case
- February 26, 2019 Lunch re: Pro Bono Opportunities with Veterans Legal Services
- 83 Fed. Reg. 59343 – IRS Releases Proposed “Anti-Clawback” Regulations