In a poorly-reasoned and somewhat murky decision, a Superior Court judge in Daley v. Sudders (Civil Action No. 15–CV–0188–D.Dec. 24, 2015) extends the Doherty decision to reject the MassHealth application of a man who, with his wife, placed his Worcester condominium into an irrevocable trust for long-term care planning purposes. To learn more about this case and its implications for life estate trusts, click HERE.
Subscribe to the Trusts and Estates Blog
- The Philanthropic Enterprise Act of 2017 (a/k/a “Newman’s Own Exception”)
- Donor-Advised Funds: IRS Proposes Rule Changes Through IRS Notice 2017-73
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Case Summary: Ajemian v. Yahoo!, Inc.
- TIGTA Report Recommends Improvements for Estate and Gift Tax Return Examination Process